Friday, April 15, 2016

Everything But Animation

Hi everyone,

This week I didn’t do much animation; I only spent three hours on my SRP because I’ve been visiting colleges since last Thursday. I actually flew home between visits just to attend the BASIS powerpoint presentation workshop. 

I’m pretty tired right now since I’ve had kind of non-stop visits for a while. Since I don’t have all that much new information about my project to share with you (I’ll be doing extra in the coming weeks to make up for what I didn’t get done), I figure I can just talk for a bit about my visits and the art-related things I’ve done.



I mostly just drew during my flight to Boston and while waiting in the airport. Here are some sketches from that time:




I’ve never tried to draw while being jostled around by turbulence before, so that was an experience.

I was also working on converting this image into a video, but I forgot to export it before I shut down my laptop so I lost the timeline. The drawing was inspired by an illustration that I’m struggling to find right now, but I had seen it months ago and thought it fit the look/aesthetic I was imagining.



In addition I drew the person sitting across from me while I was waiting to board at Sky Harbor. I think he might have seen it when he stood up so hopefully it isn’t a good enough likeness that he recognized himself.

I always draw a circle to place the head and end up completely ignoring it
My project might not have progressed much, but I did advance my personal art knowledge a bit. For example, this week I learned what shrinky dinks are. Apparently my life has been lacking in crafts. If, like me, you have no idea what a shrinky dink is, it’s a drawing on this weird type of paper that shrinks and hardens with heat. So I basically microwaved some doodles and ended up with these little charm-type objects:



I also went to the Boston Museum of Fine Art. I was hungry the whole time but it was lovely. There were lots of intriguing textures and the rooms were alternately too hot and too cold.




Next week I’ll be doing extra SRP work so I will have more to show you.

3 comments:

  1. Hi. Congratulations on getting accepted to college. You were far more dedicated to that workshop than I was. I am also tired. I don't think very many people have a ton of new information at this point in their projects either. I mostly slept during my flight to Boston. Those are very nice sketches. I can't tell that you were experiencing turbulence at the time of their creation. For some reason that image won't load for me. How exactly would you describe the look/asthetic you have been imagining? The Sky Harbor airport is mediocre. It's really good, so he probably did recognize it. I always ignore guidlines too. Your personal art knowledge is more important anyways. Who taught you what a shrinky dink was? How did you obtain that paper? I hate microwaves with a passion. I went to Boston but no museums because those are cold. I'm always hungry and cold. I probably would have enjoyed the rooms that were too hot. I am looking forward to seeing your stuff next week.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Im a fan of the random circle in the middle of the guys face, it really brings it all together.
    Though it may be a bit late, perhaps you should shift the focus of your project to shrinky dinks, as they seem VERY interesting

    ReplyDelete